August 16, 2011

Infinite Power of Hope


Austin and I received news yesterday from our doctor that our IVF cycle had to be cancelled. You can read more about the details on our Two Infertile Turtles site. At first we were in shock. Despair tried to seep into our souls, but we were comforted as we remembered that Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives. We trust in Heavenly Father's promises, and we continually find renewed hope in His plan for us. Nevertheless, we allowed ourselves to feel remorse for our loss.

It has been interesting to go through a failed IVF cycle: We know that we did everything we could to make it work. We will press forward with steadfastness in Christ.
We will continue to work towards our goal, listening to the promptings of the spirit, and carry on.
That is the real test. Things happen in our lives that run contrary to our desires and plans, but I believe we are tested on how we endure through and react to those challenges. This is just one of our tests in this life. We hope to prevail and know we will see a brighter day! There will always be hope smiling brightly before us.

7 comments:

Nelson Nitwits said...

That's a beautiful video. Powerful messages like that can carry you through. Good for you for clinging to it! Love both of you!

Jill said...

I'm so sorry to hear this... and I know exactly how you feel. Know that so many are praying for you. The Lord's way is always the best way, even if right now it just doesn't make sense. So hard. Keep up the hope. That's the best thing you can do. I'm hoping still and always for you two.

Love, Jill

Leandra said...

Our prayers are with you both, and may you know that Heavenly Father is aware of what great people you both are, and what you desire the most. At this time may you both be comforted, and things will work out. Much love, from Brian and I, and we are here for you.

Aaron and Lisa said...

Sometimes I don't know what to say--we are thinking of you and we love you!!

Megan said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news! You are in our prayers. Thank you for sharing your hopeful attitude; it is so inspiring.

Zoo Keeper Mom said...

Just wanted to let you both know that I have been following your blogs (both of them), and my heart goes out to you at this time of failed expectations. I am so glad to know that you are so firmly rooted in Christ as to not let this, or anything, really, shake your faith in the "infinite power of hope".

I used to have a quote on hope handy.. and memorized. But for now, take this paraphrased snippet. "Hope is like the sun, which as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us. It turns discouragement into determination." I will see if I can find and share the full quote with you.

A friend of mine is just beginning the process of raising funds for adoption. I told her she really ought to talk to you two, who are fundraising pro's by now! I shared your blog links with her via her facebook page. Hope that is okay. If you don't want your web addresses publicly visible like that, let me know and I will delete it! (The friend's name is Shanda Barney)

Austin said...

Thanks everybody for your kind words of encouragement. Your prayers mean a lot. Heather, Amanda and I are glad you felt comfortable sharing our information with your friend. We are all in this life to help each other. We are glad to be of assistance. Have your friend contact us at her convenience.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath