August 22, 2011

Kids Are Our Heros

This past weekend we enjoyed spending some time with our friends, the Bruce family. Their son, Zyon, was diagnosed with juevenile diabetes this summer and we participated in a 5K walk to help fund more research in honor of Zyon. Zyon is our hero! He has to prick his finger before every meal and receive an insulin shot. His parents also help him keep track of everything he eats. Zyon has a great attitude and we were so excited to help fund more research to help him down the road.

I also wanted to post a youtube web series that I found on KSL news this morning. If you haven't watched the Kid History movies, you definitely need too! It puts a smile on your face to hear the stories, acted out by adults, and told by the children.

2 comments:

Nancy and Nate said...

That is strange that they give him his shot after he eats. Every doctor I have ever had says to give it before meals. I give my insulin before I eat.

Austin and Amanda said...

Thank you for catching our error. We meant to say Zyon gets an insulin shot before, not after, he eats. We are glad you are weighing in on some of our posts.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath