August 15, 2012

Official Due Date

Austin and I are 33 weeks pregnant! I wasn't sure if we would make it this far, and we could not be more thrilled. Each week is counted as a milestone for us. Last Friday, we had our weekly check-up with our doctor and everything is looking within normal range.

Since I already look HUGE, almost everyone (especially strangers at the store) asks me if I was due yesterday. I never have a good answer for this question because you can never tell with twins. So, I just smile and humor people for a few minutes. It really is an awkward situation. I think some people really want to make me feel better by telling me I should have had my baby already. Their well intentions really don't make me feel good, though, after they gasp when they find out that I have several more weeks to go.

Anyway, Austin and I asked the OB when we should expect the babies to come, and he told us to plan on having a C-section on September 14th; our son is breach at this point. We are at least 4 weeks away from meeting our little ones! However, it could be sooner or later than that date. Either way, it is exciting to have an end date in sight.

While I have been growing the babies, Austin has been preparing our nursery for our little ones. He has painted the walls, put up curtains, and assembled the cribs to name a few things. We are really impressed with how our nursery has come together over the past several months. Here are some pictures of what our nursery looks like.  


7 comments:

Aaron and Lisa said...

I think you look very cute! The room is adorable. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

Nelson Nitwits said...

So exciting to think you're almost there! You look great and so does the nursery. I love the pictures you chose. A C-section does make it where you don't have to stress about the "what if's". Now you can focus on a specific date which is exciting!

just a little bit mo said...

aww . . . what an adorable nursery waiting to welcome your new little ones. Like I said before, Amanda, you look great. When people make comments you should tell them that they should try carrying twins during the summer. Let them see if there isn't some "water retention," some "discomfort," some needing to rest more than exert in the sun and heat . . . or just jab 'em in the shins.

Cambria said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I'm living in Ogden right now so please let me know if you are doing a shower or something, I'd love to get you a gift!

Alisha said...

Austin & Amanda,
We love you dearly and are SO happy for both of you. We pray you're doing well and the babies are progressing and healthy. You are now officially in my ical as "Green babies due" . . . which, in all honesty, looks kind of funny because I know later in the month I'll think "who is having green babies???"

Kaylene said...

Hey Amanda, so excited for you guys. Logan was breach too and my c-section was scheduled for that very day 2 years ago but he decided he wanted to come one day early sept. 13. Anyway, hope you make it to that day and all goes well.

The Graham Fam said...

I want to start a blog also. Yours is great! I love your twins.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath