November 27, 2010

Black Friday Melee!

While many in the nation were standing outside in cold weather to get the best deals on Friday morning, Amanda and I slept soundly in our bed. No, we didn't receive any of the "good deals" but, hey, we enjoyed a worry and stress free Friday. It was interesting to read a day later that the nation had spent over 10 billion dollars on merchandise comparative to the 2009 Black Friday melee. I think Amanda and I will eventually climb out of bed early to do some shopping on Black Friday, but it will probably be from the comforts of our home: internet shopping.

Many of you may remember the advertisement RC Willey (I believe it was RC Willey) did a number of years ago with the employee sporting a cast and crutches telling his co-worker he wasn't going to open the doors for Black Friday this year because he did it last year. I think of that commercial this "special" time of year. Just curious, if anyone knows how to find that commercial please let us know. Amanda and I tried to find it on youtube without any luck. Anyway, happy holiday shopping!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Love your new picture!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath