October 31, 2010

I Ain't Afraid of No Ghost!

Austin and I went on a paranormal ghost tour recently at the Historic Union Station in Ogden with a friend, Suzie, from our church. Our tour guide was an actual ghost hunter and he took us throughout the darkened station, including into the basement vaults. These vaults were used as storage units for gold and other high ticket items for the rail companies. In several areas along our tour, our guide and people in our company, asked the ghosts questions and watched for their answers on the EMF detector. These EMF detectors supposedly measure electromagnetic fields in a room. It was a great way to get into the Halloween spirit of things. Below is a picture of me going into the basement vaults, hunting for ghosts. The video gives you an idea of some of the types of stories we heard about the Union Station ghosts.


We also went to a Wild West Murder Mystery Dinner. Austin's college friends, Andrew and Tiffany, hosted the event. This was my first murder mystery dinner and I was assigned to be a self-righteous, snooty Grand Dame. Austin was assigned to be an Indian shaman. He played his part very well. I hope I didn't play mine too well. I wouldn't want that persona to be my first impression for many of the guests.


Hope you all had a Ghoulishly Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy Halloween! Those murder mysteries can be totally awesome!

Leandra said...

How Fun! It would be interesting to take the tour at the Union Station like that... Also Mystery Denners are so much fun especially for the dressing up part and just to have a few good laughs ;)

Nelson Nitwits said...

Okay, you're brave. That Union Station would have freaked me out! You guys look great in your mystery dinner costumes. Looks like you had a really fun Halloween! I like the new look of your blog too!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath