December 7, 2011

Stormy Day

Last week we experienced some hurricane wind in Northern Utah. The problems on our property were minimal, however, the cities south of us had winds up to 100 mph. Austin had to drive into the windstorm for work at Weber State University. After working for a few hours, he was informed that campus was closed but that he needed to hunker down inside a building to wait for the storm to blow over. I was worried about Austin's safety but wasn't able to get ahold of him until later. So, while I waited to hear from Austin and make sure he was okay, I worked on this 1000 piece puzzle by the window and listened to the wind howl.



Here is some footage from surrounding cities.

Also, this is a youtube video of the campus where Austin works.

(Okay, it's cheesy, but you get the idea).

4 comments:

Nelson Nitwits said...

Pretty crazy! We're glad you are okay!

David and Melissa said...

Crazy! I heard a few students got sent to the hospital due to flying debris, and one girl even got knocked to the ground. And did you see the smashed car on Harrison?

Austin and Amanda said...

It was definitely a storm to remember. I haven't ever seen something like this before. I had students coming to my class that day to take a final exam and luckily they all arrived safely. WSU had several broken windows and significant damage in some areas.

just a little bit mo said...

I would have been so worried! I'm sorry you had to go through that. On a separate note, the music in the background of your youtube vid reminds me that I watched the Wizard of Oz this very past Sunday--it was the first time in years and years and years.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath